Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
Kallo Foods Limited, trading as Wessanen UK and acting under the brand name “Clipper Teas”, (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our terms and conditions at http://www.clipper-teas.com/t-and-c/ and http://shop.clipper-teas.com/pages/terms-and-conditions and any other documents we refer to in this policy or our terms and conditions) set out how we will use your personal information and who it will be shared with. Please read the following carefully.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE
COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
1.1 We may collect and process the following data about you (“your information”):
- 1.1.1 information that you submit online via our site through placing orders, making requests, taking part in competitions and registering to receive materials, samples or newsletters.
- 1.1.2 any correspondence you send to us or communications you have with us (e.g. our contact centre social media or applications that interact with our site);
- 1.1.3 details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access (which may include, amongst other things; traffic data and communication data); and
- 1.1.4 details of transactions you carry out or orders you place through our site.
1.2 We are aware that your information may be confidential and we will protect the confidentiality of your information in accordance with our normal procedures and legal requirements.
2 How WILL we use your information?
2.1 We use your information in the following ways:
- 2.1.1 to ensure that our site’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you;
- 2.1.2 for our internal purposes, such as research and analysis, quality control, detection of fraud, site performance, system administration and to evaluate use of our site, so that we can provide you with enhanced services;
- 2.1.3 to notify you about changes to our products and services;
- 2.1.4 to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you (provided of course that you agree);
- 2.1.5 to run competitions and promotions
- 2.1.6 to create reports to assist with future marketing;
- 2.1.7 to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts with you and for billing and delivery purposes;
- 2.1.8 to enable you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so;
- 2.1.9 to contact you to ask you for your view and opinions or to take part in surveys we complete from time to time; and
- 2.1.10 for complaint handling purposes.
2.2 We may monitor your use of our site and record your email address and/or IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical information about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
2.3 If you provide us with information about anyone else, you confirm that they have consented to us using their information for the purposes described in this policy.
2.4 We only keep your information for as long as is necessary.
4.1 We may contact you with information about our products and services from time to time, provided of course that you agree.
4.2 If you agree, we may also pass your information to our chosen partners who may contact you to provide marketing information about their products and services.
4.3 If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please tick the relevant boxes on the form when we collect your information. You may ask us at any time not to use your information for marketing purposes by contacting us: http://www.clipper-teas.com/get-in-touch/contact-us/
5 WHERE DO WE TRANSFER your information TO?
5.1 We may transfer your information to, or store it, outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to countries which do not have as developed data protection laws. It may also be processed by staff at our suppliers and agents, who may be involved in the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details, and the provision of hosting and support services (amongst other things).
5.2 Please do not send us your information if you do not want it to be transferred to or stored outside the EEA. By providing your information to us you agree and consent to us transferring to, and storing your information at, a destination outside the EEA.
6 who do we share your information with?
6.1 We may share your information with any companies in our group.
6.2 We may share your information with other organisations:
- 6.2.1 if we sell or buy any business or assets, (as we may share your data with the prospective seller or buyer);
- 6.2.2 if we or substantially all of our company assets are acquired by another party, in which case your information will be one of the transferred assets;
- 6.2.3 if we have to share your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, or if we have to enforce or apply our terms and conditions at http://www.clipper-teas.com/t-and-c/ and http://shop.clipper-teas.com/pages/terms-and-conditions or any other agreements or to protect our rights, property or our customers etc. This may involve exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6.3 We may also share your information with selected third parties for the purposes of delivery, credit card clearance, data analysis, order fulfilment, customer support and storage services.
7 How do we keep your information secure?
7.1 Our site is hosted by an agency. We have a contract with them to ensure that your information is adequately protected.
7.2 If you have a username, password or other login details which enable you to access certain parts of our site, you must not allow any other person to use them and must treat them as confidential. If you believe or suspect that someone else knows your login details you must contact us: http://www.kallo.com/get-in-touch/ as soon as possible.
7.3 To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
7.4 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will apply our normal procedures and comply with legal requirements to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7.5 Our site may from time to time contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those sites, please note that those sites ought to have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those sites or for their privacy policies. Please check those privacy policies before you submit your information to those sites. Please also see our terms and conditions at http://www.clipper-teas.com/t-and-c/ for further provisions relating to other websites.
8.1 Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason we will never collect or maintain information from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our site is structured to attract anyone under 13.
8.2 By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state, province or country of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state, province or country of residence and you have given your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
9 Third party services
9.1 In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
11 Your Rights
11.1 You have the right to access your information and should direct any request for your information by sending us a written request to us using the contact details below.
11.2 You have the right to rectify your information by sending us a written request using the contact details below.
11.3 You have the right to ask us not to process your information (or pass your information to other companies or organisations) for marketing purposes. You can tick the appropriate box on the forms when we collect your information or later at any time by clicking on unsubscribe options in any communications or by contacting us using the contact details below.
11.4 If you have a complaint about how we have used your information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
12 how to Contact us
12.2 Kallo Foods Limited is registered in England and Wales with company number 02893019 and has its registered office at Meadows Business Park Station Approach, Blackwater, Camberley, GU17 9AB.